Students will practice with ventilators, equipment and airways devices until comfortable, confident and competent. Instructor(s) will spend additional time with students upon request after class at no charge.
Satisfaction Guaranteed: If for any reason you are not fully satisfied with your class, inform us prior to course completion and we will refund your entire payment!
We offer the very BEST Vent & Trach training classes! Our Lead Instructor (Registered Respiratory Therapist with over 25 years clinical and teaching experience) and team are the original developers of this proprietary course content.
- Upon completion of this course, the health care provider will understand and be able to recognize the causes of low pressure, high pressure and other alarms and learn how to resolve either the equipment or patient issue prior to an emergency situation
- The provider will define basic terms and concepts of mechanical ventilation, describe indication of mechanical ventilation, understand the difference between oxygenation and ventilation, identify initial parameters, settings and special issues associated with ventilator setup, trouble shoot and recognize alarms, and evaluate patient response to the ventilator.
- Ventilator settings, how to prevent, recognize and troubleshoot the common causes of ventilator issues that require immediate attention, in addition to patient assessment and tracheostomy skills.
- Hands-on skills training with several vertilators and airway devices according to your needs
- Troubleshooting high and low pressure alarms
- Procedure for replacing dislodged tracheostomy tubes
- Basic and advanced airway device use within your scope of practice
- Pulmonary assessment
- Tracheostomy tubes
- Methods to maintain a patent airway, airway devices
- Measures to maintain adequate oxygenation and oxygen therapy
- Measures to maintain adequate ventilation
- Critical care: pulmonary section
- Pulse Oximetry ( SPO2 ) / Interpretation
- This is an excellent course for nurses and caregivers planning to care for ventilator-dependant patients in the homecare and sub-acute setting, where ventilator troubleshooting skills is imperative. Although physicians attend our course on occasion, most students who attend this course are required by their employer, such as RN’s, LVN’s CNA’s, EMT’s, Paramedics and caregivers seeking employment in the transport field, at a sub-acute facility or home setting.
- 5 hours
Certificate of Completion and Continuing Education approved by the BRN and BVNPT for Healthcare Providers
Receive all of the above on the same day!
My family member is on a ventilator and coming home soon from the hospital. Is this the class I should take?
Yes. Our course is designed for laypersons who plan to care for their ventilator-dependent loved ones, as well as caregivers, nurses, and other healthcare providers.
Schedules & Registration
All below dates are available. Please register by clicking your preferred date below:
Course Price $100 – Promotional rate (Regular rate: $120)
Enter Promo Code “VENT” during registration to receive the $20 discount
Other available discounts:
$20.00 Discount – from your second course
$30.00 Discount – from your third course
$40.00 Discount – from your fourth course
Register within 1 year
CPR/BLS, NRP, IV Therapy, MAB and online courses not applicable
Discounts applied at class
- mercedes m.
Excellent place to learn no matter what age you are , knowledgable, very patient and given teachers toward their students, making sure every single of us learn the lessons to serve efficiently our patients at our present or future jobs. I appreciate their compromise with us. - 10/24/2018