Our team of highly skilled Respiratory Care Practitioners each have 25+ years experience and are proficient in all areas of acute care, critical care, sub-acute and home care settings, ventilator management and education. We are one of very few companies in the country offering this specialized type of course.
Students will practice with ventilators, equipment and airways devices until comfortable, confident and competent. Instructor(s) will spend additional time with students upon request after class at no charge.
Satisfaction Guaranteed: If for any reason you are not fully satisfied with your class, inform us prior to course completion and we will refund your entire payment!
We offer the very BEST Vent & Trach training classes! Our Lead Instructor (Registered Respiratory Therapist with over 25 years clinical and teaching experience) and team are the original developers of this proprietary course content.
- Upon completion of this course, the health care provider will understand and be able to recognize the causes of low pressure, high pressure and other alarms and learn how to resolve either the equipment or patient issue prior to an emergency situation
- The provider will define basic terms and concepts of mechanical ventilation, describe indication of mechanical ventilation, understand the difference between oxygenation and ventilation, identify initial parameters, settings and special issues associated with ventilator setup, trouble shoot and recognize alarms, and evaluate patient response to the ventilator.
- Ventilator settings, how to prevent, recognize and troubleshoot the common causes of ventilator issues that require immediate attention, in addition to patient assessment and tracheostomy skills.
- Hands-on skills training with several vertilators and airway devices according to your needs
- Troubleshooting high and low pressure alarms
- Procedure for replacing dislodged tracheostomy tubes
- Basic and advanced airway device use within your scope of practice
- Pulmonary assessment
- Tracheostomy tubes
- Methods to maintain a patent airway, airway devices
- Measures to maintain adequate oxygenation and oxygen therapy
- Measures to maintain adequate ventilation
- Critical care: pulmonary section
- Pulse Oximetry ( SPO2 ) / Interpretation
- This is an excellent course for nurses and caregivers planning to care for ventilator-dependant patients in the homecare and sub-acute setting, where ventilator troubleshooting skills is imperative. Although physicians attend our course on occasion, most students who attend this course are required by their employer, such as RN’s, LVN’s CNA’s, EMT’s, Paramedics and caregivers seeking employment in the transport field, at a sub-acute facility or home setting.
- 5 hours
Certificate of Completion and Continuing Education approved by the BRN and BVNPT for Healthcare Providers
The Joint Commission and California Department of Health Care Services accept this course
Receive all of the above on the same day!
$100 – Promotional rate (Regular rate: $120)
Enter Promo Code “VENT” during registration to receive the $20 discount
Other available discounts:
$20.00 Discount – from your second course
$30.00 Discount – from your third course
$40.00 Discount – from your fourth course
Register within 1 year
CPR/BLS, NRP, IV Therapy, MAB and online courses not applicable
Discounts applied at class
- San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles County, California: 10200 Sepulveda Blvd #160, Mission Hills, CA 91345
Schedules & Registration
All below dates are available. Please register by clicking your preferred date below: