This is the Official MABPRO® AB508 Certification Class. This MAB violence de-escalation program will cover the essential and trusted methods of crisis negotiation
- Upon completion of this course, the health care provider will understand and have the ability to recognize potentially dangerous situations and the tools to de-escalate the situation prior to any physical intervention or assault that personnel might be faced with when working within the healthcare setting, and will in most cases, prevent the need for any physical intervention. Physical intervention skills is also very important and covered during the course.
- Part 1 – Understanding the psychology of patients in relation to potentially dangerous situations, prevention and de-escalation prior to finding ourselves in a hazardous situation
- Part 2 – In the event that the intervention becomes physical in nature, the program will then address the methodology to protect those in danger and defend oneself humanely and safely as well as how to help effectively manage the assaultive situation, individually and as a group.
- This course is especially intended for participants who need to be AB-508 MABPRO certified for employment, primarily those working in a wide variety of settings including but not limited to Security Guards, Psychiatric Technicians, Behavior Health staff members, LVN’s, CNA’s, RN’s, Respiratory Therapists, Physical Therapists, Physicians and students.
- Attendees will receive the Certification Certificate on the day of the training so that they can bring proof to their employers or prospective employers that same day.
- 4 hours
Certification Card and Continuing Education approved by MABPRO®, BRN and BBS (Board of Behavioral Sciences)
Receive all of the above on the same day!
- San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles County, California: 10200 Sepulveda Blvd #160, Mission Hills, CA 91345
Schedules & Registration
All below dates are available. Please register by clicking your preferred date below:
- Dennis K.
I've been going here for years. This is definitely the lowest stress BLS, ACLS, and PALS that I've ever taken. I highly recommend them. Even if you are the only person scheduled for a class, they will still have it for you. They offer all the classes you need. Check out their website. - 12/24/2018