PALS CoursesAmerican Heart Association Healthcare Provider Authorized Course
PALS Online & Skills
The PALS course gives healthcare professionals the knowledge and skills to better recognize and treat critically ill infants and children. The course uses a scenario-based, team approach to teach pediatric emergency management of pediatric patients approaching or already in respiratory or cardiac arrest.
- The course covers treatment beyond the first few minutes of an emergency
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on format reinforces skills proficiency
- Upon completion of this PALS class the health care provider will be able to understand how to recognize and prevent the common causes of pediatric injuries and emergencies that require resuscitation. You’ll understand how to recognize respiratory failure, shock, and cardiac arrest and initiate advanced resuscitation with airway and ventilation control, vascular access, fluid and medication therapy and identify and treat rhythm disturbances.
- Recognition and treatment of infants and children at risk for cardio-pulmonary arrest
- The systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- Effective respiratory management
- Validate skills for 1 and 2-person CPR and AED skills for infant and child
- Defibrillation and synchronized cardioversion
- Intraosseous access and fluid bolus administration
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
- PALS Study Guide
- For healthcare providers who initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies. For students seeking first-time or Recertification credentialed PALS training.