The PALS course emphasizes the knowledge and skills with recognition and treatment of critically ill children and infants. This course utilizes a scenario-based, team approach in learning the management of pediatric and infant patients while approaching emergency situations or already in cardiac or respiratory arrest.
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills and simulated clinical scenarios while encouraging active participation
- The course includes treatment prior to and beyond the first few minutes of an emergency
- Hands-on format is utilized to reinforce skills proficiency
- Upon completion of this PALS class the health care provider will gain knowledge and skills to better recognize and prevent common causes of pediatric injuries and emergencies requiring resuscitation. The student will learn to recognize shock, respiratory failure, and cardiac arrest along with the initiation of advanced resuscitation with airway devices and ventilation, vascular access (IV/IO), fluid and medication therapy and identification and treatment of various rhythm disturbances.
- Recognition and treatment of children and infants who are at risk for clinical deterioration and cardio-pulmonary arrest
- Assessment steps (systematic approach) for pediatrics
- Intraosseous access and fluid bolus administration
- Effective basic and advanced airway management
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
- Verify skills for 1 and 2-rescuer CPR and the use of an AED with infants and children
- Electrical therapy- synchronized cardioversion and defibrillation
- PALS Study Guide
- This AHA (American Heart Association) authorized course is for nurses, respiratory therapists, physicians, EMS and other healthcare providers caring for pediatrics in acute care settings who initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies.
- Students seeking first-time credentialed PALS certification planning to care for infant and pediatric patients.
American Heart Association Certification
2 year certification card
Continuing Education Certificate included at no extra charge - BRN/BVNPT, CECBEMS
Receive all of the above on the same day!
Can I take BLS on the same day as PALS?
My PALS card expired. Can I still take the renewal class?
Contact us by email and let us know your card expiration date, your profession, and specialty: email@example.com
Due to COVID-19, are you teaching virtually or offering online classes?
Although we do offer other classes virtually, the AHA requires that CPR/BLS, ACLS, and PALS students come into our facility to perform hands-on skills in the classroom. Students have two options: 1. Traditional classroom course. 2. Complete the online course and exam, then come in for the skills session.
Schedule and Registration
$160.00 – Classroom Certification Course
Includes 2 year certification card and Certificate of Continuing Education
$20 $30 $40 Deals:
$20.00 Discount – from your second course
$30.00 Discount – from your third course
$40.00 Discount – from your fourth course
Register within 1 year
*CPR/BLS, NRP, IV Therapy, MAB & online courses not applicable
Enter promocode “203040deal” when registering
Discounts applied at class
SELECT YOUR CLASS TIME BELOW TO REGISTER
All below dates are available. Please register by clicking your preferred date below: