Select HERE to become a Nationally Certified EKG Technician
- Upon completion of this class the student will have the knowledge, skills and ability to interpret the 12 Lead ECG in detail in regards to the recognition of STEMI as related to specific heart anatomy along with the underlying etiology.
- Understanding ACS
- Understanding STEMI Systems of Care
- Basics of ACS and triage of STEMI patients
- Naming the leads, regions of the heart
- Measuring ST deviation and correlating regional changes
- Acquiring an accurate EKG
- Coronary anatomy related to 12-lead ECG
- STEMI recognition and treatment
- EKG mimics of STEMI
- Indications for activating a Heart Alert System
- This course is intended for healthcare providers and students (EMS to in-hospital providers) who need to understand 12-lead ECGs and improve his/her STEMI recognition and assessment skills to identify potential STEMI patients.
- Critical Care, Emergency Department and Pre-Hospital Care Providers
- Students, LVN’s, RN’s, EMT’S, and other Healthcare Professionals: This course is an excellent opportunity to refine and refresh your skills and/or verify your skills with your employer.