Part 1: Online course at your convenience (approximately 4-8 hours)
Part 2: Skills Session at our facility, where the student will practice and demonstrate proficiency (approximately 2 hours)
Select here if you already have access to the online course and need to complete the Part 2 Skills Session
HeartCode® ACLS is a self-directed, comprehensive eLearning program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. Students will be presented with a team dynamics lesson and 10 In-hospital patient cases, including a BLS case and 2 megacode cases. The cases may be repeated as many times as necessary to pass. There are a variety of additional videos included with the course to enhance learning and facilitate successful completion of the patient cases. Students will complete the exam online.
- Latest American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Important changes in advanced cardiovascular life support (ACLS)
- Foundation CPR/BLS lifesaving skills, with an emphasis on high-quality, continuous compressions and proper use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Basic and advanced airway management procedures
- Team dynamics
- Systems of care
- Emergency interventions and algorithms
- ACLS related pharmacology
- Recognition and management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke (CVA)
- Post-cardiac-arrest care
- ACLS Study Guide
- This AHA approved course is intended primarily for nurses, physicians, paramedics and other providers whose clinical duties include participation in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and caring for patients pre-hospital and acute care settings.
- This course satisfies the requirement for providers in need of completing the ACLS Initial Provider Certification or ACLS Recertification/Renewal/Update course.