ACLS CoursesAmerican Heart Association Healthcare Provider Authorized Course
ACLS Online & Skills
ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support) is an advanced course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology.
- In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on format reinforces skills proficiency
- Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest • Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
- ACLS Study Guide
- ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units.