PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) Online & Skills Session:
HeartCode® PALS includes a combination of eLearning in which the student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner on the computer, followed by a skills session at our AHA approved facility. Students receive the same certification card as with a traditional classroom course. Purchasing a textbook is not required as online access to the material is included with this blended learning course.
Part 1: Online course at your own pace (approximately 4-8 hours)
Part 2: Skills Session at our training center, where the student will practice and demonstrate proficiency (approximately 2 hours)
Select here if you already have access to the online course and need to complete the Part 2 Skills Session
HeartCode PALS is a comprehensive program that utilizes online videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce important concepts of a systematic approach to basic life support, effective resuscitation, pediatric assessment, PALS treatment algorithms and team dynamics. Using eSim technology, students assess and treat pediatrics in virtual clinical scenarios, while also applying their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation. The exam will be completed online as well.
- High-quality Child and Infant CPR and AED use per current AHA BLS guidelines
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest and initiate CPR
- Team dynamics
- Identification of respiratory distress and failure
- Early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Identification of unstable and stable patients experiencing arrhythmias
- Clinical characteristics of patients with arrhythmias
- Implementation of post–cardiac arrest care
- PALS Study Guide
- This AHA authorized course is intended primarily for respiratory therapists, nurses, physicians, EMS personnel and other clinicians who caring for pediatrics in the prehospital and acute care settings and actively participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest for children and infants.
- This course meets the requirements necessary for the PALS Initial Provider Certification course and also the PALS Recertification/Renewal/Update course.
American Heart Association Certification
2 year certification card
Continuing Education Certificate included at no extra charge
Receive all of the above on the same day!
Schedule and Registration
$210.00 – Online Course & Skills Session
Includes 2 year certification card and Certificate of Continuing Education
SELECT YOUR CLASS TIME BELOW TO REGISTER
Here you can define the content that will be placed within the current tab.