Part 1: Online – from your computer, at your own pace (self-directed)
Part 2: Students will meet in person at our Mission Hills Training Center location, at the scheduled time
HeartCode® PALS includes a combination of eLearning in which the student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner on the computer, followed by a skills session at our AHA approved facility. Students receive the same certification card as with a traditional classroom course. Purchasing a textbook is not required as online access to the material is included with this blended learning course.
Part 1: Online course at your own pace (approximately 4-8 hours)
Part 2: Skills Session at our training center, where the student will practice and demonstrate proficiency (approximately 2 hours)
Select here if you already have access to the online course and need to complete the Part 2 Skills Session
HeartCode PALS is a comprehensive program that utilizes online videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce important concepts of a systematic approach to basic life support, effective resuscitation, pediatric assessment, PALS treatment algorithms and team dynamics. Using eSim technology, students assess and treat pediatrics in virtual clinical scenarios, while also applying their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation. The exam will be completed online as well.
- High-quality Child and Infant CPR and AED use per current AHA BLS guidelines
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest and initiate CPR
- Team dynamics
- Identification of respiratory distress and failure
- Early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Identification of unstable and stable patients experiencing arrhythmias
- Clinical characteristics of patients with arrhythmias
- Implementation of post–cardiac arrest care
- PALS Study Guide
- This AHA authorized course is intended primarily for respiratory therapists, nurses, physicians, EMS personnel and other clinicians who caring for pediatrics in the prehospital and acute care settings and actively participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest for children and infants.
- This course meets the requirements necessary for the PALS Initial Provider Certification course and also the PALS Recertification/Renewal/Update course.
American Heart Association Certification
2 year certification card
Continuing Education Certificate included at no extra charge - BRN/BVNPT, CECBEMS
Receive all of the above on the same day!
This Course is NOT Eligible for "Package Deals" & "Group Discounts"
Can I take BLS on the same day as PALS?
My PALS card expired. Can I still take the renewal class?
Contact us by email and let us know your card expiration date, your profession, and specialty: email@example.com
Due to COVID-19, are you teaching virtually or offering online classes?
Although we do offer other classes virtually, the AHA requires that CPR/BLS, ACLS, and PALS students come into our facility to perform hands-on skills in the classroom. Students have two options: 1. Traditional classroom course. 2. Complete the online course and exam, then come in for the skills session.
Schedule and Registration
$210.00 – Online Course & Skills Session
Includes 2 year certification card and Certificate of Continuing Education
All below dates are available. Please register by clicking your preferred date below: (Refund NOT available for this and other online courses)
SELECT YOUR CLASS TIME BELOW TO REGISTER
Here you can define the content that will be placed within the current tab.