Active Shooter Event – 3 Things To Remember:
RUN, HIDE, FIGHT
• Know where the exits are located
• Have an escape plan & route
• Put distance and solid objects between you and the shooter
• Keep hands visible for law enforcement
• Lock and block doorways and entrances with furniture, heavy objects
• Place cell phones on silent and turn off lights
• Stay away from windows
• Incapacitate the shooter by any means – act with aggression
• Strike the weakest points – eyes, groin, throat
• Find and use weapons of opportunity, eg.: fire extinguisher, gravel, chair, hot coffee
Class related to this topic: MABPRO® (Management of Assaultive Behavior® General Certification – AB-508 Approved)
Disclaimer: The authors make no claims of the accuracy of the information contained herein, and these suggested doses/interventions are not a substitute for clinical judgment. CPR 3G LLC is not liable for any special, consequential, or exemplary damages resulting in whole or part from any user’s use of or reliance upon this material. The information provided herein may or may not contain the most current guidelines. Refer to the AHA ECC Guidelines.
- Salvador H.
Great experience. David made the class light and entertaining. He was able to cater to everyone's level of ecg knowledge. He even took some time to explain some rhythms to a participant of the class who was not familiar with them. I would gladly repeat the course with them again. - 3/03/2020
- Dennis K.
I've been going here for years. This is definitely the lowest stress BLS, ACLS, and PALS that I've ever taken. I highly recommend them. Even if you are the only person scheduled for a class, they will still have it for you. They offer all the classes you need. Check out their website. - 12/24/2018