Active Shooter Event – 3 Things To Remember:
RUN, HIDE, FIGHT
• Know where the exits are located
• Have an escape plan & route
• Put distance and solid objects between you and the shooter
• Keep hands visible for law enforcement
• Lock and block doorways and entrances with furniture, heavy objects
• Place cell phones on silent and turn off lights
• Stay away from windows
• Incapacitate the shooter by any means – act with aggression
• Strike the weakest points – eyes, groin, throat
• Find and use weapons of opportunity, eg.: fire extinguisher, gravel, chair, hot coffee
Class related to this topic: MABPRO® (Management of Assaultive Behavior® General Certification – AB-508 Approved)
Disclaimer: The authors make no claims of the accuracy of the information contained herein, and these suggested doses/interventions are not a substitute for clinical judgment. CPR 3G LLC is not liable for any special, consequential, or exemplary damages resulting in whole or part from any user’s use of or reliance upon this material. The information provided herein may or may not contain the most current guidelines. Refer to the AHA ECC Guidelines.
- Fermin A.
Venue and class size is very conducive for learning. Excellent materials for audio-visual and book learners. High professionalism of instructors. I just did my IV therapy and Blood Withdrawal Training with them and I am coming back on January 2019 for ACLS Training and certification. More power to my instructor and thank you! - 8/03/2019