- Basic Fetal Heart Monitoring begins with understanding intrauterine concepts of antepartum care with antenatal testing
- Learn to prepare the mother for a successful outcome by determining the risk factors that contribute to poor outcomes
This course includes a didactic presentation and practice strips
- Palpation for assessing uterine contraction
- Auscultation for assessing fetal heart rate
- TOCO for evaluating uterine contractions
- Ultrasound for determining fetal heart rate
- Intrauterine Pressure Catheters (fluid filled and solid filled)
- Fetal Spiral Electrode for determining variability of the fetal heart rate
- Obstetric problems which may put the mother at high risk
- Genetic problems requiring consultation to choose the appropriate course of action
- Intrapartum surveillance requiring fetal heart monitoring assess the fetus throughout the journey down the birth canal
- Intrapartum complications related to maternal physiologic changes of pregnancy
- Identification of complex fetal heart rate monitoring tracing characteristics related to arrhythmias and sinusoidal patterns
At the conclusion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe oxygen transport principles
- Identify fetal heart monitoring principles
- Describe antenatal testing concepts
- Describe physiological principles related to goals and interventions of antenatal testing
- Evaluation and intervention for patients undergoing antennal texting
- Analyze fetal cardiac arrhythmia patterns and describe outcomes associated with these patterns
- Identify complex fetal heart monitoring patterns utilizing current NICHD ACOG FHM terminology and categories
- Apply perinatal risk management principles, communication techniques and documentation strategies relating to challenging scenarios
- This class is designed for those planning to care for patients in the Labor & Delivery Department setting
- RN students and new grad nurses who plan to apply for L & D positions are encouraged to enroll
Basic Fetal Heart Monitoring Certificate of Completion
Continuing Education Certificate included at no extra charge
Receive all of the above on the same day!
Will I become certified after the class?
You will receive a Certificate of Completion, showing successful course completion and competency along with knowledge of the material covered during the class. The Basic Fetal Heart Monitoring class is not an AWHONN course. AWHONN offers intermediate and advanced Certification Fetal Heart Monitoring classes.
Schedules and Registration
$140.00 – Classroom Course
Includes Certificate of Completion and Certificate of Continuing Education
Enter Promo Code “BABY-20” for a $20 discount!
All below dates are available. Please register by clicking your preferred date below:
- Salvador H.
Great experience. David made the class light and entertaining. He was able to cater to everyone's level of ecg knowledge. He even took some time to explain some rhythms to a participant of the class who was not familiar with them. I would gladly repeat the course with them again. - 3/03/2020
- Fermin A.
Venue and class size is very conducive for learning. Excellent materials for audio-visual and book learners. High professionalism of instructors. I just did my IV therapy and Blood Withdrawal Training with them and I am coming back on January 2019 for ACLS Training and certification. More power to my instructor and thank you! - 11/24/2018